GEORGE WEINBERGER*, FCA
George Weinberger joined Al G Brown & Associates as a consulting accountant in 2007. He helps AGB clients to develop business initiatives and advises on insurance and tax-planning needs for businesses and individuals. He’s written several articles on taxation for various publications.
ASSOCIATE SINCE: 2007
- More than three decades with KPMG, where he was a tax partner
- Provided tax and business advice on domestic and international matters, including public offerings, business reorganizations, corporate split-ups, and complex tax and business transactions
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND:
- Served on the boards of several organizations, including the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Toronto, the Board of Jewish Education of UJA Federation, the UJA Federation of Toronto, the Canadian Jewish Congress, and the Bernard Betel Centre for Creative Living.
- Currently sits on the Board of Directors and Executive of Congregation B’nai Torah
- Chair of the audit committee at JIAS (Jewish Immigration Aid Society)